Five half-marathons, four 5k races, three sprint triathlons, two 10k races, and one full marathon. All in one year, and all in memory of someone who never knew she was strong.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lightning Fast Post, Then Back to Work!


I have ten more days of total and utter craziness at work.  Then I can get back to normal, and most importantly back to keeping up with everyone's blogs, including my own.  I did add the Daily Mile widget to the blog today and am excited to start using it to track my training to 26.2!  As you can see, I haven't used that site in awhile.  The last thing I posted is from almost a year ago.  I like that site, not sure why I ever quit using it.  Never fear!  I'm back.  However, skipping today's 4-mile run due to painful, dry, hacking, annoying cough.  Will do a make-up tomorrow in addition to the scheduled weights and cross-training.

I wonder if Calorie King has a widget.

Made a new promise to myself.  In addition to the rewards that come along with it naturally, I wanted to add some incentive to getting below 200 pounds.  It is only 12.6 pounds away, but it seems so far and I have been STRUGGLING with my nutrition plan.  (why is it so hard for me?!?!)  So, I have decided that the day that scale reaches 199, I am ordering myself a pair of Hudson Jeans.  Ironically, Hudson Jeans cost right around $199.  What?! It's a sign.  It's the circle of life.  At least that is what I'm telling my husband.  Let the self-bribery begin!

7 comments:

  1. You'll be wearing those jeans in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that motivation! Go, Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so weird, I thought that was a picture of your butt. Huh? :) Keep it up Cara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Work is crazy for me at the moment as well. Hope the cough is better. Those jeans...you'll do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great plan! Go get those jeans, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No better incentive than a pair of jeans, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Cara! We are thinking of trying to get some of us together. Looking like maybe Feb 5-6th. Let me know if you are interested! It would be great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete