Five half-marathons, four 5k races, three sprint triathlons, two 10k races, and one full marathon. All in one year, and all in memory of someone who never knew she was strong.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I WILL Conquer You, Morning. Watch Me.

Guess what I did this morning?  That's AM on the clock there, and out the front window of my car? Yup.  That's my gym.

I hauled in my giant bag, did my run on the treadmill, showered and got ready, and was back in my car within an hour and a half.  I'm going to do it again on Thursday!

Some things to remember for Thursday:

1.  How about a shirt to wear to the office? The work outfit I brought with me today, skirt, tights and boots, was not quite up to dress code, so I had to sneak out of the gym with jacket over bra and head back to the house to get something more appropriate for corporate America.

2.  Look behind my car when backing out to leave the house at 5:45 AM.  Looking for proof that I am REALLY not a morning person? Here is the text from the note I had to leave on my neighbor's car:
  • Hi, I'm your neighbor from across the street.  I bumped your Subaru this morning, and it was too dark to see if there was a scratch.  If so, please call me at ########## and we will figure it out.  Sorry!
That's it.  That's all I have to fix for Thursday.  And guess what I get to do tonight?  Sit on the couch, watch Glee, ignore the wet and icy weather outside and have my favorite dinner:


We use Alton Brown's old-school popcorn recipe, except we use canola oil instead of peanut. Oh, and skip the butter; it doesn't need it.  Yum.  Tons of fiber, and I eat it almost every Tuesday night when Mike is at class. (he is of the school of thought that popcorn is not a real meal so I go solo)  In addition, the dogs refuse to leave my side on popcorn night, so it's all very cozy.  Life is good.  Rest day tomorrow!  

Highlights from today's running playlist, courtesy of Cara's pink iPod (now with Beatles music!): 
American Boy by Estelle (featuring Kanye West)
Born to Run by The Boss (best running song ever.  Bruce Springsteen single-handedly propelled me up the 17th Ave hill during the Denver half marathon like it was nothing. Love when it comes up in my shuffle)   


2 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! I have been feeling so much better after getting up the last week and 1/2 to exercise.

    Sorry about the lack of shirt and the car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for getting to the gym! I just can't get my butt out of bed that earlier to workout in the morning!

    I love popcorn also and so does my puppy, Hannah!

    I can't remember how many times I have forgotten some essential item when I went to the gym. It sucks but at least you were able to fix it!

    ReplyDelete