Five half-marathons, four 5k races, three sprint triathlons, two 10k races, and one full marathon. All in one year, and all in memory of someone who never knew she was strong.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ain't No Sunshine...

Me and Kobe Bryant. The two biggest whiners you know.

I am boycotting the time change.  Is it possible to have Seasonal Affective Disorder after only two days on standard time?  I missed my run today.  I set my alarm early so I could get up and run.  And then I snoozed it twelve times. BLEH!  Why do I suck so bad?!  I am supposed to feel like I have an extra hour in the morning right now, and I STILL can't get up. I had a sports massage after work which basically turned me into a useless noodle for the night.  And I'm slammed at work. And it is the first snow day of the year. And it is dark outside. And WAAAAHHHH!  Poor me!  A massage?  A good job? The first snowfall coming after 10 straight 70-degree days in November?! In Colorado? Seriously, Cara.  Get it together.  4 mile makeup tempo run.  Tomorrow. No excuses.  And enough with the whining already.

5 comments:

  1. we've all been there - the secret for me is pretending I'm geriatric and going to bed really early. If I'm training hard, I need 10hrs of sleep or I'll start running myself down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you, but I don't like Kobe. I much prefer whining Cara to whining Kobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea not real fond of the dark either..winter is tough. Luckily it is so beautiful here in CO most the time....let's hope for a mild winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not real happy about the snow either! That means I have to spend more time working out indoors and well that just sucks!

    And I am with Brenda, I would rather have whining Cara than whining Kobe but then I am a Spurs fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cara! You don't suck. When it's dark, I tend to want to just hole up and ride the couch. For some reason, darkness=home in my book. But I'm trying hard to keep my routine up, even after the sun goes down. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete