Five half-marathons, four 5k races, three sprint triathlons, two 10k races, and one full marathon. All in one year, and all in memory of someone who never knew she was strong.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sick (and Tired)


When you get sick during your husband's last semester of grad school, you have to make your own chicken noodle soup.

I caught something.  I fought it then caught it.  I got the antibiotics today from my doctor, and look forward to getting back to training by Sunday. That is funny, because my best friend and I were just joking the other day about how getting antibiotics from a doctor is way harder than getting narcotics.  They keep the antibiotics under lock and key, but they hand out Vicodin like it's candy. Either way, she took one look at my throat and handed them over.  I felt strangely validated.  Anyway, had two big bowls of chicken noodle soup today and about 5 Diet Sprite/Diet Lemonade combos.  And water, and peppermint tea, and vitamins.

On the bright side, while I worked from the couch all day, this was my companion.  I like how she puts all four of her paws in a pile while she sleeps.

And yes, that is our "wedding kegerator" in the background.

1 comment:

  1. I love the kegerator!!! I am sorry that you are sick. I hope you get better soon! I have caught something as well but haven't made it to the doc yet. I am hoping it won't come to that!

    Your puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete