Five half-marathons, four 5k races, three sprint triathlons, two 10k races, and one full marathon. All in one year, and all in memory of someone who never knew she was strong.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Crazy Week!!





So this is the first of three posts.  First, an update, followed by a race review, followed by my acceptance speech for Stylish Blogger Award from Julie at You Just Have to Tri (thank ya, thankyaverymuch).

I have been slacking on blogging this week, but not on anything else, so that is good.  I am in the middle of the busiest time I have ever experienced at work.  The website I am editing launches on January 29, so my whole team has been working late during the week and a lot of weekend hours, too.  I don't mind it; I love my job and am excited for the site to launch.  It does make keeping up on everything a little more difficult, though. We are also in the middle of remodeling our basement, a project that grew some legs and has taken three weeks more than we anticitpated.  It is looking great, and we are almost done, but living in a construction zone stresses me out. We aren't total clean-freaks or anything (having two big hairy dogs kind of prevents that) however, I have a hard time thinking straight when my house is a mess.   

Somehow, though, I managed to get all my workouts in this week, plus an extra one. In the past, I easily would have let the craziness take over and just skipped working out . 

I got new running shoe inserts at Runner's Roost, along with a world famous Strassburg Sock. Both are saving me from pain, which is AWESOME!! While the pain management is good, the wearing of the actual Strassburg sock is not. The first time I put it on as I was getting ready for bed went something like this:

Me: *sitting on edge of bed in pajamas, mumbling to self, attaching apparatus to leg*
Mike: *walking into the room, then smirking*  Oh, that is super sexy.
Me: *defensive* I know it isn't pretty, but it is going to make me feel better!
Mike: This is the same person who can't sleep in socks and has to have both feet sticking out from under the covers so that they can *Nixon air quotes* "breathe."  I give it until 2 in the morning.

We both spent parts of the next 20 minutes lying in the dark, alternately laughing at the ridiculous sock.  The thing looks like it might be standard issue when you check into a nursing home.  So hideous.  Needless to say, somewhere around  11, the velcro around my calf started driving me crazy, and i squirmed out of it.  Mike won that round, but I have since started wearing it while I am sitting at my computer working or just hanging out.  I am getting more and more used to it and will eventually be able to sleep an entire night with it on.  It actually makes my foot feel really good, but the velcro and tight sock around my calf is so annoying.  I will get there, though. 

Weigh in was Saturday.  212.5 down just over a pound.  It is good to be down, but I really miss the days of losing a pound or two a week.  This is going to be slow-going, so I just have to keep at my nutrition plan and keep chipping away.  I will get below 200 before marathon this time. 

I think that is all the updating needed!  Race review and Stylish Blogger write-up coming later today!

2 comments:

  1. I have a boot i have to wear for my plantars fasciitis. It does feel better when i wear it but i hate it! ARgh. Congrats on the weight loss. You are my idol. Strong and healthy!

    DeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the sock! I don't know if I would be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete